Ground Floor Public Affairs #1 Cityforum 4 3.jpg
Groundground1 (ground),USA pronunciation n.
- the solid surface of the earth;
firm or dry land: to fall to the ground.
- earth or soil: stony ground.
- land having an indicated character: rising ground.
- Often, grounds. a tract of land appropriated to a special use: picnic grounds; a hunting ground.
- Often, grounds. the foundation or basis on which a belief or action rests;
reason or cause: grounds for dismissal.
- subject for discussion;
topic: Sex education is forbidden ground in some school curricula.
- rational or factual support for one's position or attitude, as in a debate or argument: on firm ground; on shaky ground.
- the main surface or background in painting, decorative work, lace, etc.
- a coating of some substance serving as a surface for paint, ink, or other media in art: Lead white is a traditional ground for oil paintings.
- See ground color (def. 2).
- (in perception) the background in a visual field, contrasted with the figure.
- Also called etching ground. an acid-resistant substance, composed of wax, gum, and resin in varying proportions, applied to the entire surface of an etching plate and through which the design is drawn with an etching needle.
- grounds, dregs or sediment: coffee grounds.
- grounds, the gardens, lawn, etc., surrounding and belonging to a building.
- [Elect.]a conducting connection between an electric circuit or equipment and the earth or some other conducting body.
- See ground bass.
- [Naut.]the bottom of a body of water.
- the earth's solid or liquid surface;
land or water.
- a strip of wood to which woodwork can be attached, set flush with the plaster finish of a room.
- a strip of wood or length of corner bead used at an opening as a stop for plasterwork.
- break ground:
- to plow.
- to begin excavation for a construction project.
- to begin upon or take preparatory measures for any undertaking.
- cover ground:
- to pass or travel over a certain area.
- to make a certain amount of progress in dealing with a piece of work, subject, treatise, or the like: He talked for two hours without covering much ground.
- cut the ground from under, to render (an argument, position, person, etc.) ineffective or invalid;
refute: It didn't require much effort to cut the ground from under that case.
- from the ground up:
- gradually from the most elementary level to the highest level: She learned the business from the ground up.
thoroughly: The professor knew his subject from the ground up.
- gain ground:
- to make progress;
- to gain approval or acceptance: The case for air-pollution control is gaining ground throughout the country.
- give ground, to yield to force or forceful argument;
retreat: The disarmament talks reached an impasse when neither side would give ground on inspection proposals.
- hold or stand one's ground, to maintain one's position;
be steadfast: The referee stood his ground, though his decision was hotly contested by the crowd.
- into the ground, beyond a reasonable or necessary point: You've stated your case, and you needn't run it into the ground.
- lose ground:
- to retreat or be forced back.
- to lose one's advantage;
suffer a reverse.
- to wane in popularity or acceptance;
begin to fail: Our candidate is losing ground in industrial areas.
- off the ground, [Informal.]into action or well under way: The play never got off the ground.
- on one's own ground, in an area or situation that one knows well.
- on the ground, at the place of interest or importance;
actively engaged: Minutes after the bank robbery reporters were on the ground to get the story.
- shift ground, to change position in an argument or situation.
- suit down to the ground, to be perfectly satisfactory;
please greatly: This climate suits me down to the ground.
- take the ground, [Naut.]to become grounded at low water.
- to ground:
- into a den, burrow, shelter, or the like: a fox gone to ground.
- into concealment or hiding: Rather than take the witness stand, she went to ground in another country.
- situated on or at, or adjacent to, the surface of the earth: a ground attack.
- pertaining to the ground.
- operating on land: ground forces.
- to lay or set on the ground.
- to place on a foundation;
settle or establish;
- to instruct in elements or first principles: to ground students in science.
- to furnish with a ground or background, as on decorative work.
- to cover (wallpaper) with colors or other materials before printing.
- [Elect.]to establish a ground for (a circuit, device, etc.).
- [Naut.]to cause (a vessel) to run aground.
- [Aeron.]to restrict (an aircraft or the like) to the ground because of bad weather, the unsatisfactory condition of the aircraft, etc.
- to forbid (a pilot) to fly because of bad health, failure to comply with safety regulations, or the like.
- to put out of action or make unable to participate: The quarterback was grounded by a knee injury.
- to restrict the activities, esp. the social activities, of: I can't go to the party—my parents have grounded me until my grades improve.
- to come to or strike the ground.
- to hit a ground ball.
- to ground out.
- ground out, [Baseball.]to be put out at first base after hitting a ground ball to the infield.
ground′ward, ground′wards, adv., adj.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Publicpub•lic (pub′lik),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or affecting a population or a community as a whole: public funds; a public nuisance.
- done, made, acting, etc., for the community as a whole: public prosecution.
- open to all persons: a public meeting.
- of, pertaining to, or being in the service of a community or nation, esp. as a government officer: a public official.
- maintained at the public expense and under public control: a public library; a public road.
- generally known: The fact became public.
- familiar to the public;
prominent: public figures.
- open to the view of all;
existing or conducted in public: a public dispute.
- pertaining or devoted to the welfare or well-being of the community: public spirit.
- of or pertaining to all humankind;
- go public:
- to issue stock for sale to the general public.
- to present private or previously concealed information, news, etc., to the public;
make matters open to public view: The Senator threatened to go public with his Congressional-reform plan.
- make public, to cause to become known generally, as through the news media: Her resignation was made public this morning.
- the people constituting a community, state, or nation.
- a particular group of people with a common interest, aim, etc.: the book-buying public.
- a tavern;
- in public, not in private;
in a situation open to public view or access;
publicly: It was the first time that she had sung in public.
Affairsaf•fair (ə fâr′),USA pronunciation n.
- anything done or to be done;
anything requiring action or effort;
concern: an affair of great importance.
- affairs, matters of commercial or public interest or concern;
the transactions of public or private business or finance: affairs of state; Before taking such a long trip you should put all your affairs in order.
- an event or a performance;
a particular action, operation, or proceeding: When did this affair happen?
matter (applied to anything made or existing, usually with a descriptive or qualifying term): Our new computer is an amazing affair.
- a private or personal concern;
a special function, business, or duty: That's none of your affair.
- an intense amorous relationship, usually of short duration.
- an event or happening that occasions or arouses notoriety, dispute, and often public scandal;
incident: the Congressional bribery affair.
- a party, social gathering, or other organized festive occasion: The awards ceremony is the biggest affair on the school calendar.
Hi folks, this blog post is about Ground Floor Public Affairs #1 Cityforum 4 3.jpg. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 689 x 405. This blog post's file size is only 78 KB. If You want to save This image to Your laptop, you may Click here. You also also see more photos by clicking the following photo or see more at this post: Ground Floor Public Affairs.
When Ground Floor Public Affairs #1 Cityforum 4 3.jpg which can be prone to shape there are various paint available that contain ides. Nevertheless, often, colour generated specifically for the bathroom is ample. Make sure the area around the threshold or wall that is generally covered by the equipment should be tightly closed so as never to remove. Than to protect it later remember, it really is safer to stop the cause of the problem. Some spaces the conduit, are more likely to cause problems over time. They need to quickly do caulking to stop injury later. Baseboard is another location that will crash colour.
Ensure the blobs fail to remove correctly. Mud all areas to provide an excellent groundwork for implementing paint. Prior to the last layer, join ought to be reclaimed after priming.
Before using bath or the bath, wait a few days for that new Ground Floor Public Affairs #1 Cityforum 4 3.jpg to become governed extensively. Also to reduce the danger of damage, always be certain leave the doorway open when the bathroom is not in use, and to use the ventilator.