On June 5, The DPS Abruptly Scaled Back Operating Hours From 7:30 A.m. (charming Dps Office Locations #3)
On June 5, The DPS Abruptly Scaled Back Operating Hours From 7:30 A.m. (charming Dps Office Locations #3) Images Gallery
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Doctor of Public Service.
Backback1 (bak),USA pronunciation n.
- the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine.
- the part of the body of animals corresponding to the human back.
- the rear portion of any part of the body: the back of the head.
- the whole body, with reference to clothing: the clothes on his back.
- ability for labor;
endurance: He put his back into the task.
- the part opposite to or farthest from the front;
the rear part: the back of a hall.
- the part that forms the rear of any object or structure: the back of a chair.
- the part that covers the back: the back of a jacket.
- the spine or backbone: The fall broke his back.
- any rear part of an object serving to support, protect, etc.: the back of a binder.
- the forward side of a propeller blade (opposed to face).
- [Aeron.]the top part or upper surface of an aircraft, esp. of its fuselage.
- [Bookbinding.]the edge of a book formed where its sections are bound together.
- the backs, grounds along the River Cam in back of certain colleges at Cambridge University in England: noted for their great beauty.
- the upper side of a joist, rafter, handrail, etc.
- the area of interior wall between a window stool and the floor.
- the roof of a stope or drift.
- a player whose regular position is behind that of players who make initial contact with the opposing team, as behind the forward line in football or nearest the player's own goal in polo.
- the position occupied by this player.
- be flat on one's back:
- to be helpless or beaten: He's flat on his back after a long succession of failures.
- to be confined to one's bed because of illness.
- behind one's back, in one's absence;
without one's knowledge;
secretly: I'd rather talk to him about it directly than discuss it behind his back.
- break someone's back, to cause a person to fail, esp. to cause to become bankrupt: His family's extravagance is breaking his back.
- break the back of:
- to complete the principal or hardest part of (a project, one's work, etc.): He finally broke the back of the problem.
- to overcome;
defeat: They broke the back of our union.
- get off one's back, [Informal.]to cease to find fault with or to disturb someone: The fight started when they wouldn't get off my back.
- get one's back up, to become annoyed;
take offense: She gets her back up whenever someone mentions her family's influence.
- have one's back to the wall, to be in a difficult or hopeless situation.
- in back of, behind: He hid in back of the billboard. What could be in back of his strange behavior?Also, back of.
- on one's back, finding fault with or disturbing someone: The boss is always on my back about promptness.
- pat on the back. See pat 1 (defs. 6, 10).
- stab in the back. See stab (def. 13).
- turn one's back on:
- to forsake or neglect: He was unable to turn his back on any suffering creature.
- to leave behind, as in anger.
- to support, as with authority, influence, help, or money (often fol. by up): to back a candidate; to back up a theory with facts.
- to bet on: to back a horse in the race.
- to cause to move backward (often fol. by up): to back a car.
- to furnish with a back: to back a book.
- to lie at the back of;
form a back or background for: a beach backed by hills.
- to provide with an accompaniment: a singer backed by piano and bass.
- to get upon the back of;
- to write or print on the back of;
- [Carpentry.]to attach strips of wood to the upper edge of (a joist or rafter) to bring it to a desired level.
- to alter the position of (a sail) so that the wind will strike the forward face.
- to brace (yards) in backing a sail.
- to reinforce the hold of (an anchor) by means of a smaller one attached to it and dropped farther away.
- to go or move backward (often fol. by up).
- (of wind) to change direction counterclockwise (opposed to veer).
- back and fill:
- [Naut.]to trim the sails of a boat so that the wind strikes them first on the forward and then on the after side.
- to change one's opinion or position;
- back and forth, [South Midland U.S.]
- to go back and forth, as in running errands or visiting: He spent the day backing and forthing to the post office.
- to work in an aimless or ineffective way;
expend effort with little result.
- back away, to retreat;
withdraw: They gradually began to back away from their earlier opinion.
- back down, to abandon an argument, opinion, or claim;
retreat: He backed down as soon as a member of the audience challenged his assertion.
- back off:
- to back down: Now that the time for action had arrived, it was too late to back off.
- to reverse (the spindle) in mule spinning prior to winding on the newly spun length of yarn.
- back out or out of, to fail to keep an engagement or promise;
abandon: Two entrants have backed out of competing in the marathon. You can't back out now.
- back up:
- to bring (a stream of traffic) to a standstill: A stalled car backed up traffic for miles.
- [Printing.]to print a sheet again on its other side.
- [Printing.]to fill in (the thin copper shell of an electrotype) with metal in order to strengthen it.
- to move backward: Back up into the garage.
- to reinforce: We backed up the cardboard with slats so it wouldn't fall down.
- to support or confirm: He backed up my story and they let us go.
- to duplicate (a file or a program) as a precaution against failure.
- back up for, [Australian Informal.]to return for more of, as another helping of food.
- back water:
- [Naut.]to reverse the direction of a vessel.
- to retreat from a position;
withdraw an opinion: I predict that the council will back water on the tax issue.
- situated at or in the rear: at the back door; back fence.
- far away or removed from the front or main area, position, or rank;
remote: back settlements.
- belonging to the past: back files; back issues.
- in arrears;
overdue: back pay.
- coming or going back;
moving backward: back current.
- [Navig.]reciprocal (def. 7).
- (of a speech sound) produced with the tongue articulating in the back part of the mouth, as in either of the sounds of go.
Hourshour (ouər, ou′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a period of time equal to one twenty-fourth of a mean solar or civil day and equivalent to 60 minutes: He slept for an hour.
- any specific one of these 24 periods, usually reckoned in two series of 12, one series from midnight to noon and the second from noon to midnight, but sometimes reckoned in one series of 24, from midnight to midnight: He slept for the hour between 2 and 3 a.m. The hour for the bombardment was between 1300 and 1400.
- any specific time of day;
the time indicated by a timepiece: What is the hour?
- a short or limited period of time: He savored his hour of glory.
- a particular or appointed time: What was the hour of death? At what hour do you open?
- a customary or usual time: When is your dinner hour?
- the present time: the man of the hour.
- time spent in an office, factory, or the like, or for work, study, etc.: The doctor's hours were from 10 to 4. What an employee does after hours is his or her own business.
- customary time of going to bed and getting up: to keep late hours.
- (in the Christian church) the seven stated times of the day for prayer and devotion.
- the offices or services prescribed for these times.
- a book containing them.
- distance normally covered in an hour's traveling: We live about an hour from the city.
- [Astron.]a unit of measure of right ascension representing 15°, or the twenty-fourth part of a great circle.
- a single period, as of class instruction or therapeutic consultation, usually lasting from 40 to 55 minutes. Cf. clock-hour.
- Also called credit hour. one unit of academic credit, usually representing attendance at one scheduled period of instruction per week throughout a semester, quarter, or term.
- the Hours, [Class. Myth.]the Horae.
- one's hour:
- Also, one's last hour. the instant of death: The sick man knew that his hour had come.
- any crucial moment.
- of, pertaining to, or noting an hour.
Fromfrom (frum, from; unstressed frəm),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to specify a starting point in spatial movement): a train running west from Chicago.
- (used to specify a starting point in an expression of limits): The number of stores will be increased from 25 to 30.
- (used to express removal or separation, as in space, time, or order): two miles from shore; 30 minutes from now; from one page to the next.
- (used to express discrimination or distinction): to be excluded from membership; to differ from one's father.
- (used to indicate source or origin): to come from the Midwest; to take a pencil from one's pocket.
- (used to indicate agent or instrumentality): death from starvation.
- (used to indicate cause or reason): From the evidence, he must be guilty.
Hi guys, this picture is about On June 5, The DPS Abruptly Scaled Back Operating Hours From 7:30 A.m. (charming Dps Office Locations #3). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1014 x 631. This photo's file size is just 92 KB. If You decided to save It to Your laptop, you could Click here. You may too download more photos by clicking the picture below or see more at this article: Dps Office Locations.
You can finish the decor by the addition of designs intriguing inside it and attached by placing a little rug. This rug will be tied as well as all of the items in a watch that is good.
That Work Place Decorating Tips to Overcome Indifference in Work could very well be feedback and suggestions for the interior-design of one's dream home. The office can be a location where we spend time performing our daily function. Additionally there are expressing that the workplace is a minute home than households.
Therefore, it's important to have the capacity to organize any office place enjoyable and cozy. Since to truly have a comfortable On June 5, The DPS Abruptly Scaled Back Operating Hours From 7:30 A.m. (charming Dps Office Locations #3), we'll experience for many people feel bored and drained enjoy doing their daily workday.